Local Government case studies
‘Shining light’ on East Melbourne council properties.
Gaps in property security practices were supporting unwanted behaviours.
Here’s what we found when we reviewed the lighting levels for 28 council properties.
Creative design improves safety in council precinct.
Drug activity, rough sleepers and violence posed a risk to council staff and residents.
See the plan we proposed to discourage and displace behaviour, improving safety.
Working with the environment to return safety to public toilet block.
Toilet blocks can be a complex property for councils to manage. In this case, it became well known for unwanted activity.
Here’s how we utilised the space to make it less attractive to unwanted behaviour.
Your success story, here.
We live and breathe every security challenge we take on, turning a risk into a best practice implementation.
We look forward to adding your case study to the wealth of knowledge we’ve gained in the local government sector.
Your local security challenges, solved your way. How?
We’ve had enormous success in the Local Government sector because we focus on creating cohesive security strategies that fully consider each and every element that goes into ensuring your outcome is achieved.
Let us help you with:
- Risk identification and assessment
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) reviews
- CCTV audits
- Lighting reviews
- Loss prevention strategies
- Security and risk strategies
- Anti-violence strategies
- Crowded Places security strategies
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) strategies
- Precinct security and safety strategies
- Anti-social behaviour strategies (graffiti, rubbish dumping)
- Security technology selection, design, engineering and procurement – including CCTV and Safe City surveillance systems
- Tender preparation and management
- Security related process and procedural documentation
We are frequently asked…
How does Matryx work collaboratively with local councils?
We work to understand the problem at hand and the outcomes that our clients would like to achieve. We act as an extension of your team to achieve the results you need.
What is the Matryx approach to CPTED principles?
Every property is different and will have its own unique challenges. Our approach to CPTED is to understand exactly what is and isn’t working on your property.
Why use a security consultant for Local Government?
If you are experiencing issues that you do not know how to solve, a security consultant is the best person to help you. They will bring a broad range of experience and expertise to help solve your security challenges.